Monday, August 12, 2013

SUMMARY & INVITATIION TO JOURNEY WITH GOD

"If you will allow Me to journey with you in the pain, I will allow you to walk with Me into the redemption of your wounds so they may shine with glory."  -John Eldridge 

That beautiful promise from God is almost impossible for us to grasp if we are in the 1/3 of all women who have suffered the degradation of sexual abuse. But, it is so wonderfully true. My journey with Him made a circle of completion that I could have not imagined when I was traveling it.

  • Twelve years of safety and innocence
  • Perverted betrayal
  • Years of denial, guilt, pain, fear, and confusion
  • Breaking emotionally and physically
  • Journeying with God through  the pain of healing and coming out of denial. That was by no means a pleasant nor short journey, and many times I wanted to quit. But, with the encouragement of other women journeying with me and the promise above held out by God, I persevered.
  • Confrontation and eventual reconciliation with my abuser when he genuinely  asked me to forgive him.
  • Being a witness to his reconciliation with his Savior
  • And, joy of all joys, partnering with God as we walk with other women on their own journey toward healing--Redemption!
I had allowed God to journey with me through the pain, and His  gift to me was His own passion for other women to experience what I have.

This is a story that I have lived, but it doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the One Who has brought me from the black depths of hopelessness  and allows me to be His heart, hands, and mouth to His precious daughters.

If you are one of the thousands of women who have not begun your journey with God, I want to tell you that the eventual joy of healing is a thousand times greater than facing a past of pain.

If I can help or encourage you in any way, I would love to do so. You can reach me through my email address at betty_barber@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment